Sunday, November 23, 2008

Left 4 Dead

Ok, so I broke down and bought Mirrors Edge and Left 4 Dead yesterday. To start off, Mirrors Edge is pretty. It’s extremely pretty, and the action is awesome. In the intro to the game the main character talks about how everything flows. When you first start out, it won’t seem like it, but within the first 20 minutes you’re jumping over obstacles, running walls, jumping from roof to roof, and much more, like you’ve run that same exact path hundreds of times (which sometimes you will in order to make it through an area alive.)

So needless to say, Mirrors Edge is a nice change of pace from the traditional FPS Shoot-em-up games.

Speaking of shoot-em-up FPS, Left 4 Dead. Best multiplay experience I’ve seen in a game in a long time. L4D is a game of forced cooperation, I don’t care who you are or how good you think you are. You stray to far from the group, get hit by a boomer, and try to fight off the ensuing horde all by your lonesome, I dare you. Multiplayer co-op was extremely fun with working through the different chapters of each campaign, but the fun didn’t truely begin until I played Versus. The cooperation required by the infected to take down the survivors, and the even larger amount of cooperation needed by the survivors to make it through the onslaught of AI common zombies and PC special infected. Valve did a great job yet again with creating a game that has a mind-blowing multiplayer experience.

So if you’re looking for a couple games to pick up this holiday weekend I would definately go for L4D and Mirrors Edge.

If you already have L4D send me a friend request on xbl, my gamertag is Teh Sparrow

Let the zombie slaying begin!

No comments: